Monday, March 29, 2010

Writing

Going to bed at five and waking up at seven is a bad idea. I wasn't even tired at five. I was working on Nutrition homework and a short short that I began writing in the DR. It amazes me how my mind can continue to ramble and I can add five, ten, twenty, or thirty more pages to my story. And I will probably never have anything published; rather, writing these stories is a way for me to express my deepest secrets without actually telling anyone. It's a comfort, it's a love, it's something I've been doing since I taught myself to spell. I'm grateful that the Lord has provided such an escape for me. For writing of any kind- poetry or prose- gives me unexplainable joy.

So after another surprise essay exam in History of the Holocaust I went and bought a Venti Starbucks to keep me awake for more homework and writing. If I could throw off everything and write all day, or play guitar, I would. I heard the most amazing composition on piano last night, and it's been playing on my iPod all day. It's calm music- classical- good for thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment