Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Parasailing

I went parasailing this morning. Is there anything in life that is more enjoyable? I don't think so. Not only was I flying, but I was outside an airplane in the SKY. I was strapped in the most comfortable harness in the world- in fact, if they sky could be my bed that would be so glorious. The sky was extremely blue and the water was beautiful. There was a family of six that came along with us, and another set of brothers from Canada. One of them turned 22 today. It's also St. Patrick's Day. It's weird to see people dressing up...

It's also my grandpa's birthday. If he were still alive he would be 92 today. I wrote a note for him on the sand with my mom. It says "Love You Grandpa." We wrote it high enough so the surf wouldn't take it away. I would post the photographs I took of it, but my cable cord is in Minnesota. Bummer.

So it was an incredible day. It's amazing how doing nothing but lounging in the sun can make one exhausted. I cannot believe I only have two days left in this place. It seems like the disastrous first day should be occurring again tomorrow to start us off. I know I won't want to return to Colorado ... or school ... but I realized I only have six weeks left! That is a praise!

Toodles from the DR!

No comments:

Post a Comment