Sunday, March 28, 2010

The Passion of my Lord

The Passion of the Christ was inconceivable. Absolutely unbearable during some scenes. But makes me think all the more that my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, went through all of that for ME. How crazy and awesome and absolutely amazing is that?! Does anything get any better than knowing THAT? I don't think so. And the suffering that I tell myself I endure here on Earth is nothing- merely a speck on the radar- compared to what Jesus suffered for me. He didn't have to but He wanted to, and that is the greatest thing. And to know that, as a believer, I have the wonderful opportunity to spend eternity with Jesus... I am just speechless! I wrote as my status 'this morning' that Jesus will never leave me or forsake me. As I devote my efforts to learning as He did, thinking as He did, and seeing my sin through His eyes, He will wait until I am able to pray exactly what He taught His disciples: that His will be done. HIS will and NO ONE ELSE'S. It's that simple. If I were to tell myself to watch this film when it first came out- and of course my mother wouldn't let me watch it then- I don't think I would have held the same appreciation for it. Of course I wouldn't have. Even now I feel overwhelmed with an array of emotions. Sometimes it may even be past the point of emotion. One must just watch and say nothing but remain in awe that, even though we don't deserve a Savior, He wants all of us anyways. Praise to the Lord! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment