Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Where Do I Go?

"God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble." -Psalm 46:1

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." -Matthew 11:28-30

"An anxious heart weighs a man down, but a kind word cheers him up." -Proverbs 12:25

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek His will in all you do,
and He will show you which path to take."
-Proverbs 3:5-6


And I know all these things. I study Your Word faithfully-- albeit not as much as I should lately-- but I study it. And it encourages me. Yet thinking about all the things I have to do to prepare for next fall, my last semester, and an internship in the spring, followed by starting a Master's program in the summer, where do I go? I am so afraid that I will make a wrong decision. I don't even know where to begin. I'm so anxious (in a bad way) about this whole Peace Corps thing. Traveling the world and helping people have always been my top two goals in life. I set such high standards that my career in medicine would bring me to every third-world country in the universe and that I would be able to make a difference. My heart still yearns to be in Africa. Or Europe. Bringing the words of Christ and bringing medicine and health. But this application process for the Peace Corps is so extensive. And maybe it's just me needing more information before I decide to apply. But that leaves me with a month. One month before applications for next summer are due. I need Your guidance now more than ever, Lord. Please. All I ask of You is that You would guide me in the direction I am to go.

"Test me, O Lord, and try me, examine my heart and my mind; for Your love is ever before me and I walk continually in Your truth." -Psalm 26:2


No comments:

Post a Comment