Saturday, May 22, 2010

I need to go do some Yoga. And I need to get down on my knees and pray to God about giving me peace in my heart. Peace for the upcoming week, as I make some very big decisions about my Master's program and joining the Peace Corps. I feel like my brain is being melted by all of these thoughts and worries running around, and if I don't do something to get them out they'll destroy me!

"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope." -Jeremiah 29:11

"A man’s heart plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps." -Proverbs 16:9

"I will instruct you and teach you in the way should go; I will guide you with My eye." -Psalm 32:8

"The Lord will guide you continually …" -Isaiah 58:11

In this game with God, we have to give ourselves pep talks from time to time, telling ourselves that God has complete control of our entire situation, that the ship is not going to sink, and that our breakthrough will come at the time that He has it set up to occur on His timetable.

Until that happens, do what the last verse says to do – "Rest in the Lord." Otherwise you will drive yourself crazy with all of the nervous energy that will start to eat at you and rob you of your peace and joy that you now have in the Lord. When it is all said and done, you will look back on all of this and see that you had wasted a tremendous amount of negative energy, since it will have been shown to you that God finally came through for you.

Trust me – I have seen God come through time and time again without fail. There is a saying that many have heard – "God is never late, but He is never early." This means that God will come in with the breakthrough on His time schedule – not ours!


Those are some words of wisdom from Michael Bradley.

No comments:

Post a Comment