Sunday, May 16, 2010

Can You Say Bored?


Well today was...semi-alright. I got to sleep in. And then I sat at Caribou for three and a half hours doing homework, which was just lovely (although I just started this online class and am already 1/4 of the way finished). And then I did my sister's hair for prom (she looked beautiful) and then watched my parents head off to a surprise 50th birthday party for a friend. I sat in the kitchen staring at the wall for about twenty minutes before hopping on my bike and speeding around the neighborhood twice. Then I came home, played guitar for about two hours, fooled around on piano, did some more nothing, and then wow, it's 1:24 in the morning. Where did ALL that time go?! There were a few times I just wanted to rip my hair out but I know it's going to be OKAY. Somewhere beneath all the boredom God truly does have a plan! I have decided to start going through the book of Daniel again with my discipleship partner, so I am excited for that! We decided to have once-a-week discussion, so that starts next Friday! I hope I understand what God is trying to tell me now. I just want Him to continue using me in the lives of others. That is all that matters to me-- remaining in His Word, especially-- and discerning what this summer is going to look like at the end of August when I go back to school. Will I look back and be proud of my efforts? Or will I ask myself if I could have done more? Hopefully it's not the latter.

No comments:

Post a Comment