Friday, October 12, 2012

Day 7: INSPIRED!!!!!!!!!!

Today was my last day at Chief Andrew Isaac Health Center and I am so INSPIRED!!!!!! I absolutely adored every single minute of my time at CAI. I loved the midwives I worked with. Like I said in previous posts, I gained so much experience here and was able to get help with some of the concepts about OB that seemed a little confusing. My midwives were wonderful at explaining things. They were flawless! Throughout my first week here, which isn't a long time, I learned so much and really feel confident in what I'm doing. I never thought I would enjoy learning so much about a new culture. Because of my own background it felt hard to connect culturally sometimes (in the past-- not here). But here I see how important it is to gain trust and rapport with the patients; it's so much easier to see culture being a tangible and crucial part of medicine and healthcare. It's not about "working the system" which is so common in medicine today; it's about the patients, who ARE the system. I'm excited to see how different the flow of next week will be. I hope it's just as exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment