Saturday, October 6, 2012

Day 1: Minneapolis to Seattle


















Today marks day 1 of this about-seven-week journey, and I can't believe it's finally here. There were so many up-downs to finally deciding that I could even do the Alaska trip. I definitely haven't had to set my alarm for 6:15 in quite a while. It wasn't too bad. My mom drove me to the airport and I waited in a very long security line where I discovered that only ONE lane was open, while the other two lines had THREE lanes open. Then I showed up at the wrong gate looking for Cristian, who was nowhere to be found. I'm sure I looked like an idiot standing on a chair looking around for him. However, everything else was smooth sailing. Sat next to a nice PT student on the way to Seattle, and there were no complications. We landed at 10:25 and are scheduled to depart from SeaTac to Fairbanks at 1:10. I keep forgetting about the time change. Anyways, so far there is not much to tell except that I am excited that all of this has started (even though I did feel like throwing up on the way to the airport). Hopefully we'll arrive in Fairbanks, take a taxi to the apartment, then decide what to do about dinner and get unpacked. Stay posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment