Monday, September 6, 2010

The Lord's Faithfulness

Philippians 4:12-13 says, "I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through Him who gives me strength."

Yes. I know this to be true after what has taken place this week. Through hardships-- more than I think I've ever faced in the context of school and the REST of my life-- He has taught me patience and contentment. Although I've found my stress and blood pressure levels most likely higher than they are supposed to be, I am "happy" about where He is leading me. I have never been one to live day by day. I have been one to have my future mapped out, and I thought I did. I thought I knew exactly where I was supposed to be and what I was supposed to be doing. But again, how wrong was I?

So here is the short version of the story. I would sit and type it all now, but I feel very exhausted. The short version is that the Lord has called me into ministry. Yes! Not medicine or health, but ministry. And where am I supposed to go after I've graduated in December? I HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA! I'm waiting on that part. It's scary to me, the thought of having pushed myself so hard for 2 years to graduate early...and not even using that degree. But at least I know I worked hard and followed the Lord where He told me to go. It doesn't matter where I go or what I use. My hard work was just had work. I know I will work hard at anything I do, but I don't want that to pull me away from the plans the Lord has for me. Ultimately I am having to live each day as it comes, since I have no idea what I'm doing. For once, though, I'm happy with that. God has been faithful to me, even though I know I have let stress and opposition bring me down these past few weeks. I have never clung to the Lord or fallen to my knees as hard as I have lately, and there is beauty that I can't even identify when that happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment