Monday, September 27, 2010

The Lord's Presence


I am continually amazed by God's faithfulness. He has revealed to me even more than I ever thought possible these past few weeks. I've been writing a lot about the stresses of December's graduation, the struggle to find an internship for the spring, and where the heck He is leading me next fall. I've also written about what He is teaching me day to day. I find myself praying that because today is Monday, I only need to get through Tuesday. Not Wednesday, but Tuesday. I am tired of looking at my life in a mirror, trying to pin-point where I will be in 3 months, 6 months, a year. It's tiresome and stressful. Why not trust in the Lord's plan each day? He provides me with something new anyways, something I definitely never expected! So anyways...back to the story. He has faithfully provided 2 internship interviews, one over the phone, and one in person when I go home next week. The in-person interview is at The Emily Program, a St.Paul-based organization that deals with eating disorders. I was really hoping to intern with them and be closer to home as well, so this is just a miracle. I have looked at about 45 or 50 places to intern- ceaselessly calling, emailing, and sending letters, but without success. And now...success! It's amazing how He makes us patiently wait; of course, He always waits with us and provides us with what we need along the way. That time of waiting is truly a blessing; it is a time to evaluate the mind, the heart, and obligations. I've been using that time to explore options in ministry, and think I am going to apply for a Master's in Spiritual Formation and Discipleship at Moody Bible Institute. This is a big step, since I really need to be closer to home for awhile, yet am discovering that I'm not sure if I could thrive in crazy Chicago for 2 years. But if that's where God wants me, it's where I'll go. I've never found a program like this one, offering a degree in-- essentially-- being intentional in people's lives. That is ultimately what I want. Whether this degree will lead me into worship ministry or camp ministry, who knows?! I certainly don't! But I do know that the Lord will be faithful, just as I strive to be faithful in return. I know I do a crummy job, because I am not worthy of anything. So continue to pray that I will walk in the presence of the Lord, and be discerning what He has planned!

No comments:

Post a Comment