Saturday, April 17, 2010

This Broken Benefit

It's pouring rain today. If I were at home I could sit outside on my porch and watch it fall with a hot cup of coffee. But more often than not rain makes me depressed. If the sun is out and it's still raining, that is fine. But this...is awful. No porch, no coffee. Not to mention that I'm allergic to the rain and am already getting sick.

But about the benefit concert last night. It featured Sauni's Big Jump, Freedmont, Danny Everett, and Tell Me Again. We raised nearly $400 to donate directly to Haiti and Chile! How amazing the Lord is! And prayer is powerful. We all prayed before people began to show up. The weather was freezing cold and windy, and we weren't sure how many were going to come. But God definitely provided! It was just a good time to meet people and further connect with Challenge. The t-shirts were a hit, too. We showed one of Rob Bell's NOOMA videos called "Rich." I think it gave new perspective to everyone in attendance. We were trying to turn "This Broken Benefit" into a combination world poverty awareness evening, so that was appropriate to show. Praise God for the funds that were raised. He is good!

P.S. We had a nice 'N Sync street dance party after clean-up. It was pretty amazing. Very liberating, I might add.

No comments:

Post a Comment