Wednesday, April 28, 2010

God's Blessings

When I consider the ratio of blessings to disappointments in my life, I have to laugh at myself. I laugh at myself because I become easily discouraged in disappointment more than giving praise to Jesus for my blessings. And that struck a chord in me tonight. I realized that, although I have faced six large disappointments for this summer and have had a difficult year, I still have ABUNDANT reasons to rejoice. I know God will not shield me-anyone- from suffering. He will, however, use my suffering to make me stronger. He will transform me. I want to serve for Him. I have wanted to serve for Him, and sometimes it even felt like that was not what He wanted me to do. But it was made clear tonight, that He closed certain doors to open new ones. Tonight, another summer opportunity arose in the form of service in Haiti! I would leave on a team of 25 students maximum and an adult leader through the IMB. Groups are being sent every week for two weeks from May 15th through August 7th. We would be doing an array of projects and activities. I've taken to praying with everything I have about this opportunity. I just know that I need to be out in the world. Away from here. Serving. Helping. Doing what I can, trying to bring more. We watched a video at Challenge tonight about Jesus being our intercessor. The time is always ripe to do right, and we should constantly be asking ourselves how we can be serving others. We've been saved so that we can rescue others. Compared to other nations we are rich. We are to use our wealth for the benefit of others. We do not need to receive before we give. We're so unaware of what Jesus has done for us! He is able to save us completely, no matter what we go through! Because of Him we are more than conquerors- and not because of what we've done, but because of who Jesus is. "We were bought at a price." It's not about saving our own skin; it's about spending it for God's glory. "It is no longer I who live, but Christ in me." Idle hands are the Devil's playground, and that is what got me thinking about this summer. How imperative it is that I recognize God's works tonight! He completely provided an opportunity for me to serve short-term this summer! How phenomenal!


No comments:

Post a Comment