Saturday, January 12, 2013

Haiti and Other Life Changes!

Well, things for Haiti are underway. I've sent in my application and first deposit already, as well as sent out 17 support letters. I feel so blessed. I still can't put my excitement into words. Once the excitement becomes tangible (i.e. I'm actually IN Haiti) I think I might explode! I am so encouraged by people and can't wait to see what happens next.

In other areas of life, I've made some pretty big decisions about the next few years. I was planning to move to Phoenix to work and start my Master's. However, things have changed and I have decided to go back to Colorado, my beloved second home. I am so excited to be back in a place where I felt welcomed; where I knew my way around; and had developed my own system. I am excited to be back with people who became my family while I was completing my undergrad. I'm also excited that there is a wonderful facility I am dying to work at in Denver! After a year of work I hope to start my Master of Public Health in Global Health Nutrition & Health Disparities. This is a program I've been looking at since the Colorado School of Public Health opened in 2010. I feel encouraged by the things I will be able to learn at this program, which align with the goals God has blessed me to accomplish in my life. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment