Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Rest in the LORD

Matthew 11:28, Psalm 34:18, Proverbs 3:5-6, Revelation 21:4; these are only a decimal of the verses I need to hear today. I've just returned from Israel. I know, I know, it's the Holy Land. I should be so thrilled and blessed that I had the opportunity to walk where Jesus walked! And I am! It was the most amazing thing I've ever done and ever will do-- the peace that "transcends all understanding" was so beautiful to have. I was so overcome with emotion of what Jesus went through. For ME, a sinner. A hater. An ungrateful soul who is spoiled. Us people, who grow angry at stupid things, and the list goes on and on and on. I started reading Brennan Manning's The Ragamuffin Gospel and it talks exactly about this: God's abundant grace for us abundant sinners and unworthy. Who are WE that the LORD would take pleasure in us? Send Jesus to serve and heal us? Forgive us for the things we do?

Even in the shadow of all this, I found myself growing frustrated with stupid things today. I was driving around in my car in the city; and people in other cars were making me angry. I got terribly lost and wasted an hour, which made me angry. These things that catch us up smack in the middle of life make us stop and realize that this IS life! This is what it is! Offer what you're doing to God, just as Brother Lawrence says. Recognize God's will in all things doubtful. I truly need to remember that. Be alert to what the Spirit is doing at ALL times in your life. No matter what you're doing, God is there. He is there when you are happy, sad, angry, frustrated. Every minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment