Sunday, January 16, 2011

Hope in Deep Trouble.

Hope in deep trouble. This is just what I was thinking about tonight, before I opened up my devotional. My day was pretty great, until I got home tonight. I won't go into details; needless to say that this little riff in the fur has turned my entire day upside down. But anyways, back to that daily devotional, which I clearly need. I won't go into details, but all I know is that I need Jesus, and He is well and able to provide what I need.

"Medical diagnoses. Accidents. Profound losses of all sorts. Everyone experiences disasters in this life-- or we fear disasters that may come. How can we not feel troubled? Here is what Jesus said to His dazed disciples when He was soon to leave them: 'Don't let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, and trust also in Me. There is more than enough room in My Father's home. If this were not so, would I have told you that I am going to prepare a place for you?'

Although, like the disciples, we may face grim circumstances and disappointments, our ultimate hope is for the life to come. We are given many promises of God's faithfulness to us in life, including Jesus' promise that the Holy Spirit would be our comforter and lead us into truth. Yet our ultimate hope is in what is prepared for us beyond this world. Even though Jesus has gone back to the Father, He has not forgotten about us."

John 14:27 says, "I am leaving you with a gift-- peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give is the gift the world cannot give, so don't be troubled or afraid."

No comments:

Post a Comment