Tuesday, January 4, 2011

He Hears the Piccolo Player

"John Henry Jowett says that when we think of ourselves as insignificant in a huge world- as just one among billions, with our contributions little appreciated- we should recognize that the eyes of God are on us. He recognizes all we do and all we intend... Our LORD is aware of and sees each contribution we make. Those around us may or may not appreciate us, but they need not be our reference point. One bliever, discouraged by a lack of recognition for his constant hard work and pure intentions, wrote these words in large, bold letters on a card: 'FOR HIS EYES ONLY.' He carried the card in his pocket, where it would show up when he reached for his pen. He would then pull it out, look at the proclamation, and smile. His efforts were seen by the One who would not only judge but encourage and bless, the One who ultimately mattered. Jowett says the LORD uses 'the note of my life to make the music of His Kingdom, and if the note be absent He will miss it, and the glorious music will be broken and incomplete.'"

1 Peter 4:10 says, "God has given EACH of you a gift from His great variety of spiritual gifts. Use them well to serve one another."

This is today's devotion! On the first day of my internship! How amazing! It was overwhelming, yes, and I feel like my brain is struggling to keep up; but God definitely placed me here for a reason. I can see so many phenomenal things that are going to happen, new experiences I am going to have. The trouble is that, lately, I haven't felt much of a "Kingdom worker" for the LORD. I should be thinking of Him whenEVER I do something; and not whether it's in His name or not, because everything SHOULD be in His name. That is where I have failed. Hopefully being in this new place will help me to sort out areas of my life in which God can help me improve. Praise!

No comments:

Post a Comment