Wednesday, October 20, 2010

I broke the cardinal rule (as the seasons go) and blared some Christmas music in my car yesterday! Woo! I apologize, but I had to. It seems I start listening to it earlier every year. I wonder why. Anyway, Christmas music is just one of those little joys that comes with the changing seasons. It's like when the coffee shops bring out their Christmas blends and Christmas cups. I guess I've been struggling to find some good little thing each day. It's been really hard for me, especially recently. But I think continuing to pray that the Lord provides just what I need to get through one day before the next, will help me. I know it's helped so far. I went and got fitted for my skating dress for the show yesterday, and just thinking about the performances in December was enough to make me smile, because skating makes me happy. It was enough to listen to awesome praise and worship music and fellowship with friends last night, too. We talked about vulnerability and what it means to release those burdens we carry around. Isn't a relief to know that there are people out there going through the SAME things we are? Yes! Lamentations 3:22 reads, "Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for His compassions never fail." Amen. I need that Scripture everyday! And Philippians 4:6 says, "In everything you do, by prayer and petition, make your requests known to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus." Mm. SO GOOD. This just tells of the Lord's heart and what He wants for us. He loves us too much to watch us suffer from things of this world. As Christians, we're supposed to bear each other's burdens. We're supposed to be the hands and feet of Jesus, reaching out to those we see around us who need help. We're blessed to be blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment