Friday, November 2, 2012

Tuesday October 30, 2012

Helloooo! This morning we woke about 7:00 and got ready to go back to Kali School. We placed more PPD’s and then headed back to the clinic. Today I got to give a bunch of immunizations. That’s really all people come in to the clinic for. I got such a good glimpse into the paperwork, the filing, and charting that the PHN’s are responsible for. I also realized how difficult it was, granted that most people in the town are related (literally); they move constantly; a majority don’t have phones; and the charts are NOT organized in any way, shape, or form. It is very difficult to keep track of immunization records and well-child visits because the system is so…well, scattered. It made my head hurt trying to watch Michelle keep on top of charting. In the afternoon we completed a well-baby visit on the CUTEST little baby I’ve ever seen!!!! Oh, so adorable. Poor Mom. I know eye contact is considered fairly rude here but I couldn’t help but stare at this little guy! I just wanted to take him home! Throughout the rest of the afternoon we just continued to prep vaccine information statements and give shots. We were both exhausted by the time night came.

No comments:

Post a Comment