Tuesday, December 21, 2010

LOVE

I started reading "Redeeming Love" again the other night. I began at midnight and finished the novel by 3 in the morning. It was quite ridiculous; I couldn't put the book down. I had this craving for the captivating writing of Francine Rivers; but what was more, I needed a glimpse into my own soul. What do I feel about love? What IS love? What does it look like, and how do I view it personally? What does it take to keep it alive; without going stagnant, like our faith can do? If it's a lifetime commitment, then why has it turned into something that makes us unworthy of keeping our promises?

The LORD never fails us in His love. His love is perfect, flawless, blameless in every way. When I think about it, I used to shun the idea of "love" when I was a teenager. It never stirred in my mind; why should it have? I was busy. School consumed my life. Being the perfect student consumed my life. Deep down, I figure it ended up creating this pit of doubts: Why was I not good enough? Why was everyone else good enough? What was wrong? What was the root of this cynicism and guarded nature? Those answers never come easily, and they still haven't. As for now, I'm called to return to the love of the One whose will never fail. As hard as it is, I must tell myself that I am worthy- I am beautiful- in the eyes of the LORD. He has shone His favor upon me; and how lucky I am to have won the heart of the Savior and Creator of the universe- of love itself!

1 Corinthians 13:4
Love is patient.
Love is kind.
It does not envy.
It does not boast.
It is not proud.
It is not rude.
It is not self-seeking.
It is not easily angered.
It keeps no record of wrongs.
Love does not delight in evil, but rejoices in truth.
It always protects.
It always trusts.
It always hopes.
It always perseveres.
Love never fails.

No comments:

Post a Comment